Thursday, February 22, 2007

My TINIEST Needlework Projects - My Dream Dollhouse

















Here is a teaser to pique your interest in my magnificent dollhouse, made by my dad, whose a tiny oil portrait hangs over the mantle in the dining room.

Below is a link to the pictures of my dollhouse. The tiny projects are a sampler and the very tiny dining room chair seats, cross-stitched to match the green wallpaper with roses on it. I used the smallest possible Aida.

My dad made the house for me (from plans, not a kit) over three years, beginning in 1983. He made most of the furnishings, too. He would buy a kit and then use it as a template. That way I have an oak bedroom, too. The house has two sides: the front with entry and 3 storey stairs, formal living and dining rooms, bedroom and family room; the back has a large kitchen, music room, library, oak bedroom, bath and project room. The house was a labor of love.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Welcome.jsp?&fromlogo=true
On the right of the screen you can become a member. I have lots of photos on this site. It's free and you can easily share pix with others. Please leave a comment and tell me if it works. Once you have signed up, you can use this link. Pictures of my dollhouse I know it seems like a lot of effort, but if you like miniatures, it is truly worth it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry, but I'm not a member of Kodakshare and I can't see these pictures. I saw no way to sign up.

Chad Smith said...

Hey, what's up, Luciluna. Thanks for the comment. Those of us who actually care about grammar are few, but we are strong! Anyhow, like the blog. Keep doing your singing thing. Do you you sing opera? Belt out arias? That would be cool. I went to an opera once, Aida, at the Met. You ever been to the Met/ NYC? It's cool stuff.

Be well...

--Chad

Z said...

I love your dollhouse! It is beautiful. And even more special that your dad made it and a lot of the furniture. I'm jealous...

three on the futon

three on the futon

5th Anniversary of the Stroke

Nearly 5 years ago, I suffered a stroke that left me with numbness and lack of coordination of my right hand and arm. For awhile, I could not speak normally, and I couldn't say my husband's name. With time and occupational and massage therapy, sensation began to return. My speech cleared up within the month. I relearned how to brush my teeth and hair, how to butter toast, how to handle a fork. I used a speech program on the computer for several months, because my right hand could not type. I am very grateful for the lessons I learned from this experience. After 5 years, a person is considered to be at no increased risk of having another CVA (cerebrovascular accident). That's my upcoming milestone!
Thirteen Things about YOUR NAME
1…. Start your list here! Links to other Thursday Thirteens! 1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!